As with any bargain, you should know a little something before putting any money down. Here are some tips on how to buy recycled auto & truck parts.
- Deal with a licensed salvage yard. Preferably a member of a professional association,
such as the Automotive Recyclers of Canada.
- Ask if electrical parts have been bench tested. Ask if they are warranted. Some recyclers have been known to extend
such warranties for up to a one year.
- When you buy an engine or transmission, know the year model and engine size for your car. Carefully inspect older units to insure quality. Most recyclers will record mileage and compression check an engine before offering it for sale.
- Core Charge, Core is an acronym for ‘Cash On Return’. A core charge is sometimes applied to re-buildable parts such as engines or alternators that can be redeemed for a portion of their original price. If the part you are purchasing has a core charge applied, it will be noted in the description.
- Always have an expert mechanic diagnose your specific problems.
- This will ensure that you get the right part for the job and avoid recurring problems.
- Bring in old parts for comparison before you buy.
- Get a receipt, as you would with any purchase.
- Click for Rebuilt vs Remanufactured Information
- Click for Cut Sheet Forms, Centre Post, Quarter Panel.
A standard code system is used to communicate the condition and quality of a part between automotive recyclers, automotive repair shops, and insurers. Knowing how these codes are used will help you understand whether the part meets your expectations before you buy it and what you can expect from the part when you receive it.
- A Grade – The highest quality part. It is of low miles and/or exceptional condition for its age.
- B Grade – The second level quality part. It is of average miles and normal condition for its age.
- C Grade – The third level quality part. It has high miles and/or light damage.
- No Grade – The part that has not yet been graded.
Green Recycled Auto Parts
Pro Auto Recyclers purchases accident damaged vehicles, and ensure that all vehicles are processed in an environmentally sound manner. Devoting significant resources to build and maintain facilities specially designed to capture and store harmful materials, keeping them from contaminating soil and groundwater.
Using modern business practices and strict environmental controls, Pro Auto Recyclers provides high quality used auto parts in a way that benefits the consumer, the industry and the earth. In doing so, we help to reduce Icbc insurance rates, vehicle repair bills and staggering amounts of pollution.
Save up to 50% on Manufacture’s Original Equipment Auto Parts
DAILY DELIVERIES TO THE PROFFESIONAL TRADE