As with any bargain, you should know a little something before putting any money down. Here are some tips on how to buy recycled auto & truck parts.
- Deal with a licensed salvage yard. Preferably a member of a professional association,
such as the Automotive Recyclers of Canada.
- Ask if electrical parts have been bench tested. Ask if they are warranted. Some recyclers have been known to extend
such warranties for up to a one year.
- When you buy an engine or transmission, know the year model and engine size for your car. Carefully inspect older units to insure quality. Most recyclers will record mileage and compression check an engine before offering it for sale.
- Always have an expert mechanic diagnose your specific problems.
- This will ensure that you get the right part for the job and avoid recurring problems.
- Bring in old parts for comparison before you buy.
- Get a receipt, as you would with any purchase.
- Click for Rebuilt vs Remanufactured Information
Green Recycled Auto Parts
Pro Auto Recyclers purchases accident damaged vehicles, and ensure that all vehicles are processed in an environmentally sound manner. Devoting significant resources to build and maintain facilities specially designed to capture and store harmful materials, keeping them from contaminating soil and groundwater.
Using modern business practices and strict environmental controls, Pro Auto Recyclers provides high quality used auto parts in a way that benefits the consumer, the industry and the earth. In doing so, we help to reduce Icbc insurance rates, vehicle repair bills and staggering amounts of pollution.
Save up to 50% on Manufacture’s Original Equipment Auto Parts
DAILY DELIVERIES TO THE PROFFESIONAL TRADE