standard parts warranty
extended mechanical warranty
Platinum Extended One Year/20,000 kilometers Parts & Labour (optional)
The optional PLATINUM EXTENDED will protect the original purchaser from date of invoice for 365 days or 20,000 driven kilometers, whichever comes first.
WARRANTY COVERAGE IS AS FOLLOWS
Warranties apply to the original purchaser of the part and are not transferable.
- When a repair shop purchases a part, that shop’s customer will be considered the original purchaser. Warranties apply only if the part is installed in the vehicle for which it was originally purchased.
- All claims must be initiated through a written claim form provided and accompanied by the original sales receipt.
- All claims must have written authorization by the seller before any warranty work is provided.
- Any defective part must be made available to the seller before a claim is paid.
- In all cases the seller reserves the right to repair, replace, or refund the purchase price of any part at its option. In the case of a labour warranty claim, the seller must settle the labour portion of the claim when offering a purchase price refund. When warranty labour is paid the labour warranty premium is not refundable.
- Any improper use, abuse (including but not limited to overheating or low fluid levels), neglect, careless handling, damage done by improper installation or repairs, or removal of a part from a vehicle in which it was first installed including “Tuned” or “chipped” engines shall void the warranty.
- Melting of heat tabs will be considered evidence of overheating and shall void the warranty. Proof that a proper radiator flush or that a reconditioned radiator has been installed prior to the install of the recycled engine will also be required, a new water pump also highly recommended.
- Unless a labour warranty is purchased, all labour costs including the cost of removing attached external parts from the purchaser’s old part are not covered.
- Seals, gaskets, fluids and similar items supplied are specifically excluded from this warranty. It is the customers responsibility to check all parts and accessories prior to installation. We recommend that whenever appropriate, new oil seals be installed in engines, transmissions, transfer cases, transaxles and differentials before installations. We do not guarantee against oil leaks.
- Purchaser’s loss of time, loss of vehicle use, towing expense, commercial loss and consequential damages are excluded from this warranty.
- All warranty covered repairs and replacements will not extend the original warranty duration.
- The use of improper or incorrect fluids, and/or freezing will void the warranty.
- Engines are considered to consist of a short block and cylinder heads. And other parts left on the engine assembly at the time of sale are included only for possible purchaser convenience and are not to be used at the purchaser’s discretion.
WARRANTY COVERAGE IS AS FOLLOWS
- Injectors, pumps and turbos for gas & diesel engines are not covered under warranty unless specified on the original bill of sale. “Tuned” or “chipped” gas or diesel engines will void warranty. The seller has the right to scan the vehicle to retrieve data.
- Parts used for commercial applications, racing, off road purposes, or under any conditions that would cause greater than normal wear are excluded from this warranty.
- Minimum (OPTIONAL) labour coverage is determined by multiplying the Mitchell or Alldata labour guide rate for replacement of the part by a labour rate of $90.00 per hour. The total labour amount will be limited to the invoice purchase price of the recycled part.